5 juli 2016

#403. Olika världar…

”The war started in 2003. My church was a shelter for around one hundred people. The people just came to sleep at the church during the night, but during the day they would go to their homes. The problems with Islamist violence started after. It was in the beginning of 2004, 2005. Early in 2006, they blew up my church in front of me. I survived.”
Tisdag 5/7 Svenska kyrkan i Almedalen: ENDAST EN SEKULÄR STAT KAN FÖRSVARA GUD Om religion och utveckling i en tid där förståelsen av religionens roll i samhället är begränsad och förenklade resonemang om religiösa utövare ökar. Om risk för polarisering och fragmentering. Föreställningar om sekularisering, religion och global utveckling utmanas.
”When we arrived where they held their captives, they told me, ’We are giving you a blindfold and you have to tie it on your eyes. If you open your eyes, we will shoot you. We will put a bullet in your head.’ One of them had hit me with his knee, in my face. When I woke, I realized that it was blood on my face. They took me inside the house and they were going, ’Think you got him? Did you bring him? The infidel?’ They brought chains. They tied my hands. I spent nine days in this situation. Tied. Blind.”
Onsdag 6/7 Svenska kyrkan i Almedalen: DEN KRACKELERADE VÄLFÄRDSSTATEN? Många upplever utsatthet, ensamhet, tomhet och meningslöshet. Hur kan meningsfullhet vara politiskt? Samhällsutmaningar utifrån ett existensperspektiv. Hur ser välfärdskontraktet ut idag ur ett samhälls- och existensperspektiv? […] Vad innebär det för ett samhälle att inte ha någon relation till grannarna i trapphuset?
”One day, they used a hammer. They brought me to the clean room, the bathroom. They turned on the Islamic channel named al-Quran. That one was just for Quran, twenty-four-seven. They turned up the volume, for two reasons. If I’m going to shout, no one will hear my voice. Also to show the neighbors how spiritual, what believers they are, because they are set to Quran, twenty-four-seven. Of course they stopped that because I never shouted. They used cigars, bad words, beatings. One of them said, ’Bring the hammer.’ Suddenly I felt something hit me in my face, my mouth. They found one of my teeth inside. I spat a lot of blood. One of them said, ’Don’t worry. You have a lot of teeth and we have all the night.’”
Onsdag 6/7 Ärkebiskopen i Almedalen: När tar robotarna över politik och media? AI blir allt intelligentare. Redan idag skapar AI underlag till rapporter, debattartiklar och nyhetsinslag snabbare och mer exakt än vad någon människa klarar av. Vad händer när olika robotar och program genererar en ny sorts insikter? Hur påverkas våra värderingar, vår etik? Och hur påverkas samhällsdebatten?
”One important thing to understand is the life there in Iraq. For Christians, we know what it is to live among others. This is not the first time. We grow up with persecution. So if you look to our history, I’m not talking about a couple hundred years ago, I’m talking even today, just yesterday. For priests, when they ordain us, we know that we are not going to die normally. We know that we are going to be killed. Usually in Baghdad, we keep our last wills with each other. I gave mine to this priest, he kept my last will. Because we have no idea what is going to happen. It is normal to us. This has changed me positively. We have to prove ourselves. We cannot just live with giving the excuse that, okay, it’s a terrible time. No. We are unique, we have to be unique.”
Onsdag 6/7 Ärkebiskopen i Almedalen: Hur långt sträcker sig människans ansvar? Vi beter oss idag som om vi ägde jorden. Som att naturen är en resurs vi fritt kan nyttja för vårt eget välstånd. Men är det så? Hur långt sträcker sig vårt ansvar, som privatperson, som nation? Vad bör vi ta ansvar för idag och för hur många generationer framåt? Detta är ett samtal om klimatfrågan utifrån en moralisk, filosofisk och existentiell utgångspunkt.
”They were among 125,000 people fleeing Mosul, but the other 50,000, they went to another city. I’m talking about four dioceses disappearing in Mosul in one day. Four dioceses. Our diocese—we are doing everything. Humanitarian aid, shelter, medicine, food. One of the good things I find with our people is that no one actually blames God for what has happened. No one is saying, ’It is because of God.’ What happened to them is by men, not by God. Day by day they realize, they’re always saying, ’God, we lost our home. God, we lost, but thank you. You saved us. Thank you for saving us.’”
Torsdag 7/7 Svenska kyrkan i Almedalen: VART ÄR VÄRLDENS "MODERNASTE" LAND PÅ VÄG? Om förändringar och värderingar. Om hur vi påverkas av mötet med varandra. Sverige är format av arvet från reformationen. Vår syn på staten, jämlikhet och att alla är myndiga medborgare och viljan att ifrågasätta, allt har rötter tillbaka till 1500-talet. Vilka värderingar styr idag? Vart vill vi?
”When I talk with a Christian, I’m always saying, ’Look, I’m not here begging for help. Because this is your duty. We are the same body. If one part of the body gets hurt, the whole body gets hurt. We belong to each other.’ My people, we need hope, we need a future. I put this in three words: Pray for us, help us, and save us. My people, we are full of dignity. When you offer help, we look to your face. Because it's important to us to say, ’When I was in need, you helped me, so I don’t want to forget your face.’ We never forget who stood with us. We are going to forget and forgive who persecuted us, who abandoned us. Those we are going to forget, but we are not going to forget who stands with us.”
Förföljelsen och förintelsen av Mellanösterns kristna pågår fortfarande. Inte ett seminarium, inte ett ord om saken från Svenska kyrkan eller ärkebiskopen i Almedalen. Ingenting. Samma kristna kyrka. Olika världar. Där – en värld av verkligt, konkret och fysiskt lidande. En kyrka som lider, plågas och dödas. Här – en illusorisk låtsasvärld. En kyrka som hellre vill vara en i gänget med den politiska makten än att ropa högt för att hjälpa sina lidande syskon i världen. Där – kyrkliga ledare som lever, lider och dör med sin kyrkas folk. Här – kyrkliga ledare som säljer ut kyrkans själ för en skärva medial uppmärkamhet och inbillad relevans.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Ditt sista stycke var verkligen huvudet på spiken.

    Jag är själv anställd inom sv kyrkann, men mår allt mer illa över att vara en del av den.

    Hälsar Per

    SvaraRadera
  2. Per, tack för din kommentar. Gör din röst hörd om det som inte är bra i vår kyrka.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Har sagt upp mitt medlemsskap nu med motivering till varför, skickad till de berörda biskoparna inkl Antje Jakelen.

    Fått svar från Strängnäs biskop att han inte känner igen den beskrivna situationen inom den svenska kyrkan

    SvaraRadera
  4. Per, tack för din kommentar. Det är tråkigt att du beslutat dig för att lämna Svenska kyrkan. Jag skulle önska att du hade stannat kvar. Som medlem kan du vara med och påverka.

    SvaraRadera